This section provides useful information to assist you with any queries you may have. If you need to speak with us directly, or have any other questions not covered in the below then please contact us
How can I get a quote?
- We are able to provide you with a quote either via telephone +44 (0)1473 917 345 or email request firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there a difference between wall tiles & floor tiles?
- Most tiles are designed specifically for either floor or wall installation, however if the thickness of the tiles is less than 12mm then it can be utilised on both.
Can these tiles be used indoors and outdoors?
- Our entire range of tiles are designed for indoor use, however there are a selection of our products which are also suitable for outside use.
- Outdoor tiles are proving very popular as it helps to bring the outside in. If this is something you are considering and are unsure of your tile choice then please contact us to speak with one of our Sales Team who will be happy to help.
Will all of the tiles look the same?
- In short, no. Each individual Natural Stone tile has it’s own characteristics and unique signature through different types of shading and texture. Please be aware that there will be variation in colour and composition with all of our natural products.
- However, with regards to man-made products such as porcelain and ceramics there, will be very little variation.
What are your stock levels & lead times?
- We hold large stock levels across our range at 7 acre site in Ipswich. However if you need to order large quantity and where in rare case when we might be out of stock, there is usually a 6-8 week lead time. You will be notified at the point of ordering if this is the case. If you are ordering a bespoke product then a 10-12 week delivery time is normal.
PLACING AN ORDER, COLLECTION & DELIVERY
How do I place an order?
- There are 3 easy ways to place an order with us:
- We will only confirm orders after a conversation with one of our sales team has taken place and once we have received confirmation that you are happy to proceed.
Do I need to order extra for wastage?
- When placing an order it is recommended that you allow 10-15% extra for wastages that you will have while installation, cutting and for any tonal variation that you do not like.
What is the best payment method?
- We accept payment via debit card, credit card or BACS. You will receive a receipt following payment autorisation. All prices are inclusive of VAT.
Can you store my order?
- Providing that we have already received full payment for your order, we can hold your order for up to 28 days maximum. Beyond that there will be a storage charge applicable.
How do I collect my order?
- As soon as your order is ready, please collect it from our Ipswich branch (unless you have already agreed to store it with us). Our branch address is: Raeburn Road South, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP3 0ET. We are open Monday – Friday between 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Please ensure you call us first to agree a suitable pick up time. You must have a method of safe onward transportation arranged prior to collection, given the weight of the product.
How do I return my order?
- If you notice any defect or damage to the product on receipt, please let us know within 24 hours with photographic evidence. We might need to inspect the goods so it is important that you do not install the product, unless the issue has been resolved.
- All returned items must be sent to our Ipswich branch: Raeburn Road South, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP3 0ET. We are open Monday – Friday between 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM
RECEIVING GOODS & INSTALLATION
Unpacking my product
- Your goods will be delivered to you on a pallet and you should take great care when opening your package to ensure you do not cause any damage to the product or yourself.
My product is damaged, what do I do?
- We strongly urge you to check the condition of your order as soon as you receive the goods and if in the rare occurrence they appear to be damaged or broken please let us know immediately as we will need to inspect the goods.
When can I start fitting the product?
- With a natural stone product we recommend leaving it to fully dry out for 48 hours before using it. Man-made products can be fitted immediately.
Can I use these products with underfloor heating?
- As long as the right adhesive is used (we strongly recommend a flexible adhesive) then porcelain and natural stone can be used in conjunction with an underfloor heating system.
Do you have any installing tips?
- As there can be variation in colour with natural stone, we recommend that you “dry lay” the product prior to fully installing it so that you can blend in the colours and avoid any patchy areas.
Do I need to seal my product?
- We strongly recommend sealing natural stone, porcelain and ceramics. It’s also important to seek professional advice regarding the type of sealant to use in order to get the most desired look.
- Heavy traffic areas such as kitchens and entrance halls need to be correctly sealed to prevent excess staining. Always ensure any spillages are cleaned up quickly to prevent any staining.
AFTERCARE & MAINTENANCE
Do I need to clean my product?
- All surfaces will benefit from simple maintenance and cleaning and it can be beneficial to wash down the surface by adding a dash of basic detergent (if required) to help remove any surface stains.
- For sensitive surfaces such as limestones, many cleaning specialists prefer to use a mild baby shampoo in place of standard detergent as they believe this runs less risk of damaging the natural colouring of the stone.
- Scrubbing with soapy water and a stiff brush will help shift any awkward stains, but don’t be tempted to use anything overly abrasive, such as steel wool or wire brushes as these can leave marks on the surface
Are stone products high maintenance?
- As long as the stone has been installed and sealed properly then it really shouldn’t be high maintenance to look after. Although no guarantees can be offered, if well kept, they should be able to last a lifetime.